Saturday, October 17, 2009

This Week

Well this week was a lot of fun!!!
Sunday We had friend day with 17 first time visitors and i believe over 20 visitors in all, complete with a HUGE potluck dinner (most likely the biggest we have had here)
Then Monday was school then on Tuesday Evening my sisters Salina and Sarah took me and my friend Mike Strobel to dinner in downtown Rochester and we had a lot of fun seeing some sights and going to a really neat coffee place right next the Eastman Theater called Java's.
Then Wednesday was Piano and church that night. Thursday mom took all us kids to Batavia with the Calelz family for ice-skating, and it was only my third time going but i had loads of fun and didn't fall down!!!
oh i almost forgot, on Wednesday a family that are friends with the Allis family (who are currently going to our church, they were missionaries to Belarus until the government booted them out)
are immigrating to the US, they flew from Minsk and arrived in JFK airport on wednesday and Bro. Allis drove there to pick them up.
Now i knew they were coming here but i didn't know they were moving to the US.
I helped them unload and they had 2 boys (Vova - 19 and Andre- 10) the family dog and 5 suitcases... FIVE.
They sold everything and moved to a whole new country and only the older son and the father can speak english... And they have thier ENTIRE LIFE IN FIVE BAGS.
I've been thinking about that for several days now.
Could you imagine doing that and putting your life in 5 bags.
We here in America have so much to be thankful for.
So the week went on and on Friday night i had Bible study then went to the Vasquezs house for junk food and a movie.
Then today (Saturday) I just got back from Ridge Road Station open house. Click here to see what that's about.
So that's my week.
Hopefully I'll be posting some really cute pictures of my baby brother Nathaniel soon.
Also i'd like to get a feel for who reads my blog so if you read this please leave a comment with maybe some new ideas for the blog.
I'm always open minded (hence the name of the blog)
Well, love you all, Bye! (^_^)

4 comments:

Haley Jo. said...

Hey Mike, the whole five suit case thing really got me. Thanks.

~Johanna~ said...

HEEEEEEEEY MIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!! Well, I don't have any suggestions for the blog but just thought that I, considering I read this post, would give you an uber SHOUT OUT!!!!! So yeah, that's about it.

All my love,
Jose

Hannah Woodward said...

Our church just had friend Sunday on the 18th of last month and we had a great turn out too. Our youth group is going ice skating this Friday. I will probably fall considering someone usually gets hurt on our youth outing and because I haven't been ice skating since the 1st or 2nd grade and even then I held on to the wall the whole time, so I hope I don't die or anything. :/ :)

CheyPie said...

Hey Mike, That was a pretty hilarious comment you left me! :) I love my horse. Anyway, I just wanted to say Hello! I guess I'll talk to you later. BYE!!
Cheyenne