Thursday, April 8, 2010

Amazing video

Hello everyone!!!
I have been super duper busy and i'm sorry that i have not been able to post much recently.
Hopefully next week i'll try to get the California pics up.
But in the meantime, I have been doing a lot more video stuff for church and we just bought a pro camera for video production (super excited)
Anywho i've been learning a little graphic animation and i found this video from a website that i watch tutorials on.
It's a short film that was made be 2 people with NO BUDGET. i love when that happens, just a souped up computer and good old creativity.
but it's about this little girl, i'm not going to say much more but just look at the eyes of the little girl. It's amazing how they caught that inquisitive look that i see when i play with my nieces.
but anywho... here it is!!

MEET MELINE : THE 3D ANIMATED SHORT FILM (by Sebastien Laban & Virginie Goyons) from Sebastien LABAN on Vimeo.

4 comments:

~Johanna~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Johanna~ said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!! That was B-E-A-UTIFUL! Looks like it was perhaps based off of Japanese anime. If you pursued something like this I would sooo help you out in any way I could. WOOP! WOOP!

Mike Giardino said...

It's accualy made by french people so not sure if they based it off Japanese stuff but all i know is that it's amazing!!! I'd rather work with a physical camera and a set but i like learning animation. I just wouldn't want o be on the computer every day, i love field work.

~Johanna~ said...

Hmm... I completely understand the field work thing. Kinda like how these days in photography all you really have to do is walk outside and take a random pic of whatever then go back inside and edit it and edit it some more until it becomes what looks like a masterpiece. Sure it can turn out looking really neat and congrats to those that can make a loser picture look like a great one; But I myself have become obsessed with the thought of to only taking pictures that express themselves fully, beautifully, and uniquely without the actual need of editing but also with the goal to develop my own photographs. People say that all the chemicals leave an everlasting odor in the house and on the person developing but, you know me, I really don't take notice in other people's opinions. I just want to know that I have the knowledge and ability to do it, all on my own. And I want to experiment and create new things. *sigh* I love it. It's definitely my passion in life...

And all I was saying about Japanese anime was that the Japanese were the first to experiment and come out with films of that sort of graphic art. So almost all graphic animation is basically based off what the Japanese accomplished. But these people (the ones that made the short film) took that and made it their own, which was uber fantastic and neat.